Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Psalm 23... actually 32

The first question I must ask is why am I still awake... Well it's because my sleep schedule is pretty screwed up, but since I'm up I feel the need to blog there are two things I want to blog about but I should sleep so I'm just going to blog about one.

I was able to spend some good time this evening with God and I felt like He told me to read Psalm 23 which is a good Psalm but not the Psalm He actually had for me. As I flipped to 23 in my Bible I noticed Psalm 32, and transposition of 23. I decided that after I read Psalm 23 I would read 32. It is an amazing Psalm. (I know the whole Bible is an amazing book) Psalm 32 was exactly what I needed to hear right now.

Psalm 32 (NLT)
(A psalm of David.)

Oh, what joy for those
whose disobedience is forgiven,
whose sin is put out of sight!
Yes, what joy for those
whose record the Lord has cleared of guilt,
whose lives are lived in complete honesty!
When I refused to confess my sin,
my body wasted away,
and I groaned all day long.
Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me.
My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.
Interlude

Finally, I confessed all my sins to you
and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.”
And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.
Interlude

Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time,
that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment.
For you are my hiding place;
you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory.
Interlude

The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.
Do not be like a senseless horse or mule
that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.”

Many sorrows come to the wicked,
but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the Lord.
So rejoice in the Lord and be glad, all you who obey him!
Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!

Part of me wants to say how every part of this just spoke to me but I really do need to sleep. So in short, God is so forgiving and I am thankful. :)

0 comments: