Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The River of Life

It’s been far too long since I have blogged, so first an update about my summer. I have a job, in Tulsa, which is a huge praise the Lord. I am working for True Digital Security and so far it’s been interesting so that is also a blessing. I think that’s what is major that has happened for me, on to the real topic of the blog.

I haven’t written in awhile because I have not felt like God has given me anything to share. But this Sunday during worship I felt like He gave me another picture. So I’m going to share it.

This is my picture as best as I can describe it.
The path of life leads into the middle of the river; it’s a river of blood, the cleansing blood of Christ. But I think it is often easier to walk in the shallows or even on the bank. What I don’t notice is that on the bank the dirt and mud cling to me and soil my robes. I wash my feet in the shallows but I am not completely clean. When the bank becomes rocky and covered in brambles I am forced to make a choice, to wade deeper into the water and swim, or to leave the river and walk inland away from the river of life. As the rocks push me into the middle of the river it deepens and I can no longer touch the bottom. So I begin to swim and I discover a wonderful truth, the current is not rough, it is a gentle current and it lifts me and carries me. It is easier than walking and I am cleansed by it. I know that the current follows the path that I must follow, and I know Who waits for me at the end of the river, because He loves me and shed His blood so I could make it to Him, so I could be clean.

Just some of the meaning I see (maybe you’ll see something different)
When life is easy we think it is easier to get out and walk on our own when we really need to stay and let Christ carry us, and during the hard times we are forced to trust Him to carry us, the river is flowing and even if we walk away, it is still there, we just may have to search hard to find it again, but no matter how dirty we get His blood still cleanses us.

Revelations 1:5b "All glory to Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding His blood for us." (NLT)

God Bless, Tim

0 comments: